Well I've spent the weekend worrying and searching and worrying some more and turned up so little worth the effort it seems barely worth it. A Google search for "guy standing outside my window" turns up about what you would expect; four parts creepypasta and one part bad jokes. Ugh.
Not that I was expecting much from just that of course. Looking into it more it seems this 'urban legend' is way bigger than I thought. There's a whole YouTube series (that I've never seen). Another one that seems to be about picking up every scary thing they can think of from what I can tell. Blogs not unlike this one that are also clearly fiction; a cop talking openly about an ongoing investigation online, a bunch of crap that sounds like it belongs in a(n admittedly dark) fantasy novel, some nonsense about parallel dimensions (bleeding?) and crap from a SUPER SECRET AGENCY THAT POSTS ALL THEIR BUSINESS ONLINE FOLKS, and apparently the FBI is totes on this guys. Ugh.
I'm sure it'd be a great read if there wasn't a tootsie roll center of terrible truth there in the middle of it all. I bet some of this stuff is true, but it's hard to tell when it's in the center of this hurricane of media and some of the stuff is even convincing until they crossover and shoot zombies with lasers while riding velociraptors down Washington Boulevard.
About all I've gotten out of this is that this 'slender man' is stalk-ie and likes trees. His weaknesses seem to be heights, electricity, the ever-popular nothing, water (really, guys?), unicorn jizz, bad memes and spunky teenagers. Thanks, Internet; you're always great.
I'm really not too far from where I started, am I?
No comments:
Post a Comment